Saturday 7 February 2015

New review for MITCH REBECKI GETS A LIFE

Over at Boys in Our Books, reviewer Susan has given her verdict on Julie Bozza's new title MITCH REBECKI GETS A LIFE, and it would be reasonable to say that unfortunately it didn't have some of the attributes she looks for in a book:

There were still flashes of the Bozza writing that I really enjoy. But the story as a whole and the way that it was put together really did not work for me. [...] I’m actually so confused by my disappointment with this book that I’m wondering if maybe I missed something…? Maybe I just didn’t get the story?

It's sad when a book doesn't meet a reader's requirements, but both our titles and our readers are so immensely diverse that sooner or later it was bound to happen. We can only say that we're going to keep trying new and different ideas, and we're confident Susan will find something she likes better further down the road - and meanwhile, of course, other readers may have a very different reaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment