Friday 3 January 2014

New review of THE APOTHECARY'S GARDEN

A reviewer named Sue over at Boys In Our Books has been reading Julie Bozza's very popular THE APOTHECARY'S GARDEN. We think it's fair to say that she wasn't exactly overwhelmed by it, but the main objection seems to be that the characters didn't behave like people they weren't. Well, not all books will please all readers - a sad fact, but true. However we hope to be able to come up with something more to her taste on a future occasion.

Obviously The Apothecary’s Garden is not meant to be any of the things I was looking for, so the joke is on me – but I was so bored, I wanted to cry. I can see why everyone adores it because it’s lovely and gentle and very sweet, but yeah not for me.

That's a shame, but we understand completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment